The UC Drug Discovery Consortium aims to support early drug discovery projects on UC campuses by sharing resources and expertise. The consortium launched with the help of a UC grant to the Drug, Device, Discovery and Development workgroup of UC Biomedical Research Acceleration, Integration and Development (BRAID), which includes the five UC health campuses.
OptumLabs Seeks Volunteers for Diabetes Stakeholder Working Group
Deadline: June 2, 2017
On behalf of Mayo Clinic, the OptumLabs Measure Program is seeking volunteers for a multi-stakeholder diabetes measure working group of 10-12 individuals to advise on the development of a novel diabetes quality measure. The measure focuses on appropriate-use of glucose lowering therapies in the older population, while also reducing the risk of hypoglycemic events. The measure development team is seeking diverse volunteer expertise to help shape the measure, leading up to public comment.
Volunteers will have an opportunity to contribute to optimizing measure specifications by providing feedback on draft specifications and related analyses being conducted by the measure development team.
Volunteers are sought from the following perspectives in healthcare, including but not limited to:
- Clinicians who deliver care to diabetic patients
- Data analysts
- Quality improvement professionals in payer and practice settings
- Practice or facility administrators
- Public payers who work with EMR and quality reporting systems
- Private payers who work diabetes measure reporting
- Patients/Consumers or advocates representing the interest of diabetic patients
- Employers or other group purchasers
Working group volunteers agree to participate in four (4) teleconferences over the course of the project. Teleconferences are scheduled for:
- Meeting 1 – June 29th, 2017 @ 9-10:30am CST
- Meeting 2 – September 20th, 2017 @ 10:30-12pm CST
- Meeting 3 – December 19th, 2017 @ 10:30-12pm CST
- Meeting 4 – March 27th, 2018 @ 10:30-12pm CST
Selection will be based on experience and area of expertise. Members should be available for all 4 teleconferences and should anticipate reviewing relevant supporting materials in the week prior to each meeting.
If you would like to participate or nominate someone else, please complete and submit the attached Nominations Form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for nominations is June 2, 2017. Questions can be sent to email@example.com